27.3.16

Opinião: My Kind of Crazy

Título: My Kind of Crazy
Autor(a): Robin Reul
Editora: Sourcebooks Fire
Formato: E-arc através do NetGalley
Data de publicação: 5 de Abril de 2016

English Review after the jump
Despite the best of intentions, seventeen-year old, wisecracking Hank Kirby can’t quite seem to catch a break. It’s not that he means to screw things up all the time, it just happens. A lot. Case in point: his attempt to ask out the girl he likes literally goes up in flames when he spells “Prom” in sparklers on her lawn…and nearly burns down her house.

As if that wasn’t bad enough, Peyton Breedlove, a brooding loner and budding pyromaniac, witnesses the whole thing. Much to Hank’s dismay, Peyton takes an interest in him—and his “work.” The two are thrust into an unusual friendship, but their boundaries are tested when Hank learns that Peyton is hiding some dark secrets, secrets that may change everything he thought he knew about Peyton.
Esta foi uma leitura muito rápida. Assim que peguei neste livro fiquei logo com vontade de saber mais sobre a personagem principal. O humor da escrita e a voz da personagem principal foram o que me agarram primeiramente ao livro, mas foi a curiosidade sobre a Peyton e a relação entre ela e o Hank que me fizeram devorar este livro.

Este é o típico livro divertido mas que aborda assuntos bastante sérios que nos deixam a sentir tristes pelas personagens.

As personagens fizeram-me um pouco lembrar da Eleanor e do Park, do livro Eleanor & Park de Rainbow Rowell por isso acho que as pessoas que gostaram desse livro também vão apreciar bastante esta história.

Eu divirto-me sempre a ler histórias do ponto de vista de um rapaz que é nerd e meio desajeitado e desta vez não foi excepção. O Hank é uma personagem principal bastante boa e que dá gosto acompanhar. A Peyton é uma rapariga estranha mas à medida que a história avança, também a minha simpatia por ela cresceu.

Porém, uma coisa que me incomodou um pouco neste livro foi o facto de ter achado que o romance avançou um pouco rápido demais. Ao início pensei que fosse porque tinha lido o livro em pouco tempo, mas acho mesmo que a relação entre a Peyton e o Hank se desenvolveu um pouquinho rápido demais do que eu preferia. Mesmo assim, eles fazem um casal super fofo e divertido!

Adorei este debut da autora e vou, de certeza, ler mais coisas dela.

Se procuram um livro contemporâneo rápido e divertido, com personagens bastante diferentes do que aquilo que normalmente encontramos, este é o livro ideal.



This was such a quick read! As soon as I picked this book up, I was so curious and excited to know more about the main character, Hank. The witing, the humor and the voice of the main character were what grab me at first, but it was Peyton and her relationship with Hank that made me devour this book.

This is your typical fun book but, at the same time, it addresses very serious issues that leave us feeling oh so very sad for the characters and just wishing we could give them all a big hug.

If you've read and liked Eleanor & Park, I think you will like this too. The two main characters reminded me so much of Eleanor and Park and it was awesome. I'm not saying it's the same story, but the characters reminded me of the book by Rainbow Rowell.

I always love reading stories from the point of view of a boy who is very nerdy and awkward and this time was no exception. Hank is a wonderful main character and the author made me feel so much for him. At first I couldn't really get Peyton, but as the story progresses, we know more about her and it's impossible to not like her. She's such a special character and that was one of my favorite things in this novel.

The only thing that I didn't like as much was how I felt about the romance. I really like them as a couple but I think everything was a little rushed. At first I thought it was because I had read the book so quickly, but I feel like I would have love this more if the relationship didn't felt so rushed.

This is Robin Reul's debut and I will for sure be reading all the stuff she puts out there. Great writing and amazing characters!

So, if you're looking for a quick and fun contemporary book, with very different characters than what you normally find, this is your book.

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário